Here’s a few things from the last month that I either love or… not so much. Let’s dive right in.
- I’m not one for falling into the Instagram or Facebook ads. But after seeing enough ads, and doing a little research, I decided to try the Il Makiage foundation and concealer. I was dubious about their shade matching quiz, especially as I have a hard time finding a foundation that’s even really close to the right shade. Guys. The match for both foundation and concealer are spot on. They’re both great products – they wear well and they stay in place. I’m very impressed.
- I’ve been griping for months that my hair is always in my face when I’m trying to do face masks or my makeup. Any solution I found wasn’t great. Until I found these. They’re perfect to hold my bands and hair back without screwing up my actual hair. Works on both wet and dry. I’m pretty sure I first saw these on Jessica Braun’s YouTube channel. Love, love, love.
- I finally caved and bought new headphones. While there wasn’t really anything wrong with the ones I had they were just the big ones that covered the whole ear, which I didn’t want for two reasons – I can’t hear anything that goes on around me, which wouldn’t be good if I’m planning on taking my run outdoors when it cools off, and I knew I’d be getting a forward helix piercing this month and didn’t want anything pressing on it. These new ones fit the bill for what I needed. They’re bone conduction, so they don’t sit in my ears, rather right in front of them. I can hear what I’m listening to perfectly, but I can also hear what’s going on around me.
- This ghost dress has me ready for October. I’m a big fan of dresses (except in winter… because brrrrr…), and when I saw this awesome Halloween dress I couldn’t pass it up. It’s as cute in person as it is on the site. I’m going to pair it with some tights, boots, and a jacket and call me ready for Halloween!
- I needed some new work shirts, and wanted to bring a little color back into my life and these fit the bill. They run small – I had to get a full size larger than I normally wear, and they’re still just a little tight. Got four in different colors. I like them a lot. I just hope they didn’t shrink when I washed them. I should probably check on that.
- Currently reading: Constance by Matthew Fitzsimmons. I’m about 2/3 of the way through this book and am loving it. It’s an interesting premise – I don’t think I’ve ever read anything like it. I did notice this morning that it’s the first in the series. I’m not really looking to get into yet another series, so we’ll see how this one ends before I decide to pick up the next one. I’m hoping that the first book can be a standalone. I feel like so often I get duped into series when that’s exactly what I don’t want to read.
- Finished The Song of the Forever Rains and Bitcoin Billionaires (audiobook). The first is another first in a series, but I’m happy to note that it works well as a standalone. The story just about wraps everything up nicely at the end so you really don’t have to read the second book to find out what happens. I may pick it up eventually – I liked the world building, I liked the characters, and I liked the writing. Bitcoin Billionaires was interesting – about to Winklevoss twins and how they got into and became bitcoin billionaires. I felt, though, that Mezrich was trying to rehabilitate them after he did them kind of dirty in the Accidental Billionaires. I listened to it at the gym, so it made the time pass and kept me interested.
- I’m going to remention the work shirts from about just because the sizing was wonky and it took forever for them to get here. The return of the original size took forever to process too. So while I’m happy with them now, I wasn’t at first.
- This next fail is a me fail. I bought a Cricut Maker 3 two weeks ago. It’s still in the box. I haven’t gotten around to setting it up yet. That’s on me. I’m sure once I get it set up I’ll love it, but right now I’m just annoyed that I haven’t even taken it out of the box yet.
I think that’s it for the faves and fails this month. I hope everyone has a great week, and happy September!