I feel like I saw this all of the time, but where has the month gone? We’re on the downswing of the year, and autumn is my favorite time of year. Sweaters and hoodies, cooler weather, bonfires, college football, leaves, Halloween… best time of year. But we’re not there yet. Let’s take a look at the last week.
- 9/11 is always hard for me. In addition to the usual PTSD that most of us have tied to that day, I lost a friend in the Towers. He had just started a co-op at one of the trading firms the day before. He had just proposed to his girlfriend. Watching those buildings fall, knowing that not only were we watching thousands of people die, but also knowing that we were probably watching him die, too. I remember feeling so sick to my stomach. And then that night, after things had calmed down, my roommate slit her wrists. It was the next week that my bipolar really reared its ugly head for the first time. My life changed that day in ways that I couldn’t have foreseen.
- The week overall wasn’t bad. I got a lot of things done, spent some good QT with Mike, got a bunch of stuff done around the house, finally got the Cricut set up (although I haven’t done anything with it yet), rearranged my office. The house looks pretty good overall, and we’re working better as a team to keep it that way.
- Fuzz has acclimated to the house nicely. He’s got run of the whole thing and is getting along well with the rest of the residents. The girls especially are fascinated by him, and it’s not unusual to see at least one of them following him around. Agatha keeps trying to groom him and he’s really not having it. He’s an adorable, hysterical little ball of energy. It’s fun having him around. He’s already quite the cuddly little guy and he’s fitting in well.
- Diet is better, exercise will be better this week.
- The concert last week was great, we went to a baseball game today (which we lost), but still had a good time. I’m trying to be social without being overly social. Still trying to save my spoons since a lot of days I just don’t have many to give.
I somehow started watching The Outer Banks on Netflix. I think I just clicked on something randomly to watch. It’s not horrible, I’ll probably watch a little more and see what it’s all about.
I think I’m going to leave it there for today I hope everyone has a great week. I’ll see you tomorrow night!